Sunday, December 28, 2008

Taare Zameen Par

To watch a movie, I always go along with two people- one, the bollywood buff in me, other, the hardcore critic in me. The bollywood buff ends up liking every movie she watches, and the critic finds harsh loopholes in the same. I watched taare zameen par today. The buff in me had moist eyes, goosebumps and was absolutely bowled.. The critic in me, gave a standing ovation. This movie is brilliant. Beyond brilliant. Personally, its the first movie which i thought was near to flawless.

Aamir Kahan has showed his brilliance and competence even as a director. Every shot, every frame, every scene is very well calculated, and importantly very necessary at that point. The screen play is fantastic and the use of colours is marvelous. The child artist Ishaan has also done an outstanding acting and does justice to his role.

The movie is honest, innocent and a very heart felt attempt to translate the director’s thought into something tangible. And this honesty is seen throughout the film.

Very few bollywood movies stir you from within. This is one of them.

This piece of “review” does no justice to the movie. Just go and watch it.

No comments: